[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 20:25:14 +0200

Nicolas <address@hidden> writes:
> I have been thinking about exporters for a while now, and I'd like to
> share my point of view. Be warned, I will be a bit verbose.
[...]

+1

A remark about backwards compatibility:

I personally don't have a huge investment in documents that I export,
but I guess that backwards compatibility and/or a converter that points
out and possibly fixes any incompatibility between old and new exporters
would be required to make the transition smoothly.  Again, the changes
envisioned by Nicholas would require that the orgg documents in question
are well-formed (or at least fixable for the purposes of the export with
trivial and stable changes).  The situation today is that some export
backends require different levels of conformance while this new solution
would require the same quality for all of them.

Achim.