Re: [O] Update org-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Update org-mode
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:02:50 -0400

Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:

> I quickly found that git pulls would overwrite my hand-edited
> Makefile, and a hand-edited Makefile caused conflicts on the next
> pull, and I didn't understand git at all.

In

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17102/focus=17115

Bernt pointed out the existence of an FAQ that explains in detail
the procedure for setting up a local branch that will rebase your
local modifications on top of whatever you pull:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#keeping-local-changes-current-with-Org-mode-development

Achim's reply in this thread also explains this, but the extra detail
in the FAQ might be helpful.

Nick