[O] system-time-locale doesn't work in emacs daemon

From: Neo Liu
Subject: [O] system-time-locale doesn't work in emacs daemon
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:15:17 +0800

Hi, everyone:

My shell locale is zh_CN.UTF-8, and I want to let org-mode insert timestamp in English, so I inserted (setq system-time-locale "C") into my emacs initialization file (.emacs). Then I found that this setting does work in normal emacs, i.e. starting emacs without --daemon option. But if I start emacs with --daemon, it doesn't work. It still insert timestamp in the language according to the shell locale setting (zh_CN.UTF-8).

Is anyone knows how to solve this problem?

diabloneo