[O] starting ispell process during latex export

From: Chris Beard
Subject: [O] starting ispell process during latex export
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 00:37:28 +0900

This looks like it may be a multidisciplinary problem, but this
mailing list has provided good solutions for these things in the past,
so I figured it would be the first place to check.

I've been exporting latex documents via org-mode, but I noticed that
the editing mode (after C-c ') was LaTeX mode without the Auctex
options that I had used on a different emacs setup. So I installed
Auctex (it now edits in pdflatex mode), but since then exporting to
Latex has been *very* slow. In fact, the whole emacs freezes up, and
the minibuffer keeps giving me these "Starting new Ispell process
[default] ..." messages. I turned on debug-on-error, but I don't get a
backtrace buffer (but I'm not very experienced at debugging in emacs,
so this may not mean anything). Here's a sample from the *Messages*
buffer:

org-babel-exp processing...
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
Position saved to mark ring, go back with M-x org-mark-ring-goto.
org-babel-exp processing...
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
org-babel-exp processing...
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
org-babel-exp processing...

Does anyone have advice on fixing this?

Thank you