[O] New features for the exporters?

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [O] New features for the exporters?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 23:25:06 +0200

Hi Eric, Aankhen and al.,

Just answering very quickly on one sole idea of the exchanged ones in this
thread:

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Aankhen <address@hidden> writes:
>> The expansion is invisible by default; it shows up in a tooltip when you
>> hover over the text. You can try a live example to see for yourself.[1] In
>> this way, the expansion is always there when you need it (and you can
>> distinguish between multiple terms sharing the same acronym, should the
>> need ever arise), but it takes up no space if you don’t.
>
> There are those of us that, for one reason or another, do *not* use a mouse
> or any other graphical pointer. Tooltips do not appear ever in those cases.
> I would like a solution that does not rely on any particular graphical
> interface paradigm, basically!
>
> Of course, I know that I am in the minority here... but accessibility is
> always an important factor and one that should not be ignored, IMO.

I don't think you're part of the minority. Anyway, there are good reasons to
have tooltips (on a wish-basis), but other good reasons to have the list of
acronyms at the end of the document (on a wish-basis): to get a readable and
very accessible document when printed!

Best regards,
  Seb

--