Re: [O] page break after TOC?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] page break after TOC?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 02:11:46 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like my page1 to be on a separate page from the TOC. How do I
> insert a pagebreak to do this? If I do it here:
> ,---
> | * Section 1
> | \newpage
> | test in section 1
> `---
>
> I get the TOC, then the Section 1 title, then a page break, and then the text.

Assuming you are talking about LaTeX export only, I would define my own
class:

* copy the system article.cls to myarticle.cls (wherever in my
local tree LaTeX can find it; the current directory is the last
resort but not very convenient - in my case LaTeX searches in
/home/nick/.texmf-config/tex, so I created a directory in there
/home/nick/.texmf-config/tex/latex/base and copied it in there
- don't forget to run texhash or equivalent)

* modify the definition of \tableofcontents to add a \newpage at
the end

* modify org-export-latex-classes by duplicating the article section and
changing article->myarticle in one of them

The above steps are one-time only. Then whenever you want
the behavior, change the class that org exports to:

#+LaTeX_CLASS: myarticle

Nick