Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:08:59 -0500

> [...]
>
>> I should have googled harder. Where were you all my life, StackOverflow?[1]
>>
>> -----
>> \begin{tabular}{l|p{0.9\textwidth}}
>> \quad &
>> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi id
>> hendrerit
>
> But isn't this the same solution you had before?  You still end up with
> a very long line in the org file?

Unless:
1) your tabular env is required to be on one continuous line, or
2) You know how to split an org-table into multiple lines

No, they are different. I'm not sure if I was explicit about the
above, but I'm inserting that native LaTeX code into the org file;
that's not post-export. That's just how I dump it... so I get a couple
lines of tabular setup and then my whole quote can rest in one
paragraph with fill mode line wrapping. With the org table it was off
the page with fill mode.

The other source of confusion might have been whether or not we both
use fill mode. I do, but think if I didn't, perhaps the org-table
would wrap for me?

Does that make things any clearer?

John