[O] Re: Custom Agenda that partially skips entries

From: Ido Magal
Subject: [O] Re: Custom Agenda that partially skips entries
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:28:42 -0700

Perfect. Thanks!

--
Ido Magal
Sent with Sparrow

On Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 05:30 , Bernt Hansen wrote:

Ido Magal <address@hidden> writes:

I'd appreciate assistance in constructing a custom agenda that
accomplishes the following (if possible):

1. Block of week's agenda.
2. Block of "next" items that have no schedule ( items that don't
show up in block 1 )

This is my starting point:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("n" "Next tasks"
((todo "next")))
("A" "agenda"
((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 7)))
 (todo "next")
 ))
))

The problem here is that I get duplicates because _all_ 'next' items
show up in the second block.  I'd rather that only unscheduled items
showed there.

I thought that this would do it, but it fails:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("n" "Next tasks"
((todo "next")))
("A" "agenda"
((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 7)))
 ((todo "next")
  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'deadline
'scheduled)))
 ))
))

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ido,

In the second block set the variable org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled to
either 'future or 'all to avoid listing items with a scheduled date.

This is part of my block agenda for next tasks:

(tags-todo "-WAITING-CANCELLED/!NEXT|STARTED"
((org-agenda-overriding-header "Available to Work on Now")
(org-agenda-skip-function 'bh/skip-projects)
(org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'future)
(org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'future)
(org-tags-match-liist-sublevels t)
(org-agenda-sorting-strategy
'(effort-up category-keep))))

HTH,