Re: [O] Formal description of Org files

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] Formal description of Org files
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:58:38 +0200

> At FOSDEM, someone asked me if there was a formal description of the
> structure of Org files, in some language that would be the input for a
> parser (or parser generator?) so that Org file could be easily parsed.

Maybe the person was talking about antlr[1], "ANother Tool for Language
Recognition, a language tool that provides a framework for constructing
recognizers, interpreters, compilers, and translators from grammatical
descriptions containing actions in a variety of target languages".

It even seems to have preliminary support for generating an elisp
parser[2][3]

There is also an emacs mode for editing antlr files[4].

Sounds like an interesting project.

Thanks
Christian

Footnotes: