Re: [O] Formal description of Org files

From: Olaf.Hamann
Subject: Re: [O] Formal description of Org files
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:57:34 +0200

If I remember well, the thing with BNF and similar approaches was called
'context free grammar' - and I'm not sure, if this requirement is
fullfilled by the org syntax. As I mean to remember is e.g. that Perl
could not be declared fully with a context free grammar.

As if 'parse an org-file completely into a token stream' is not required
by syntax highlighting tools etc,
it might be enough to give some regexps or so. Perhaps for use with etags.
Perhaps for modifying ecb to extract main elements of an org-file into
it's subwindows.

Greetings, Olaf