[O] Feature request: modify italic regexp list to include non-breaking s

From: amscopub-mail
Subject: [O] Feature request: modify italic regexp list to include non-breaking space and other characters
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:04:54 -0700 (PDT)

Sample code:
  Using /a/’s and /b/’s, write add /x/ + 2.
           ^         ^                ^ ^
       Right single quotation mark    Non-breaking space

Expected HTML export:

Actual HTML export:
  Using /a/’s and /b/’s, write add /x/ + 2.

If it's not clear, the sample code uses the unicode character "right single
character" instead of an apostrophe and "non-breaking space" instead of regular
white space.

It makes sense to use these characters this way, however, orgmode neither
displays the italic expressions correctly nor exports them correctly.

I believe older versions of orgmode worked in the expected way.

How can I modify the regexp list? Bold characters are also affected.

Using 7.4.