Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode

From: Arnold, Travis
Subject: Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:19:55 -0400

On 25 Apr, 2011, at 8:21 PM, John Hendy wrote:

> I'd just recommend installing whatever version of emacs you want and
> then install org from git. Dead simple, no confusion about being up to
> date, etc.
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#keeping-current-with-Org-mode-development

Ok, looking through  that, it seems slightly more complicated then I am
currently comfortable with, does this require me to have some sort of server
running, or is it a client-server thing, with my mac as the client getting
whatever it needs from the repository? Apperently I the other .emacs file
someone posted does not work for whatever reason with the defualt emacs in Mac
OS X, it lost all formatting, stars, TODO's etc. Am playing around in Aquaemacs
for now and the org buttons, are rather nice I admit.
-Travis