[O] Contact information in the orgmode notes?

From: Jaakko Hollmén
Subject: [O] Contact information in the orgmode notes?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:49:38 +0300

Dear orgmode'rs,

I am a fairly new user of orgmode, but find it brilliantly
simple and useful. I have the following question to ask
from the wiser and the more experienced users/developers:

Is there an obvious or easy way to include contact information
of people in the orgmode plain file notes? I am aware of emacs-related
packages, such as BBDB and AddressBook (vCard based address book,
still under development), but it seems these are built around a
separate database of contacts with possibly their own defined formats.

It would be appealing to include people's basic information in
the vCard style/spirit, but still have no separate databases and/or
custom formats. You can also import/export contact information
from/to your mobile phones and e-mail clients as vCards. Brief
examples can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard
with pointers to the real documentation (rfc2425 and rfc2426).

I'm thankful for any hints or suggestions on the topic.

M-x wish-you-all-the-best
Jaakko
--
Jaakko Hollmén, http://users.ics.tkk.fi/jhollmen/