[O] Easily adding notes to a TODO item

From: Shawn Willden
Subject: [O] Easily adding notes to a TODO item
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:14:22 -0600

Hi everyone,

I use an org file to track my work.  It contains top-level headers
corresponding to projects with sub-headers corresponding to
sub-projects and/or tasks.  I clock in and out on individual TODOs to
track time -- all pretty normal, I think.
I'd also like to be able to easily take notes using something like
"remember", but with the notes by default automatically appended to
the text under the task I'm currently clocked into, with an attached
timestamp.  Right now I'm manually positioning my cursor in the right
place, then using "C-u C-c . <RET>" to create a timestamp.  This
works, but it's cumbersome enough that I don't take as many notes as I
should.

So, I'd really like to be able to hit "C-c C-r" (or something) from
anywhere in EMACS, type my note, and have it automatically go the
right place, with a timestamp.  What would make it really awesome is
if I could also have a shortcut that would place the name of the file
I was editing when I hit "C-c C-r" in the note.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Shawn.