Re: [O] Footnotes in LaTeX export

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Footnotes in LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:53:14 -0400

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi Nick and all,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> What is an ECM?
>>
>> I don't know how widespread it is in French-speaking milieus, but I believe
>> Seb Vauban is responsible for introducing it into this mailing list (see
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/16375/focus=16453 and its parent
>> thread) and Nicolas Goaziou has perpetuated its use: it stands for Exemple
>> Complet Minimal (= Minimal Complete Example). Between the two of them,
>> they'll drag us all through remedial French class :-)
>
> Yes, I think I am responsible for this viral marketing of using the term ECM
> here. It comes from the excellent FCTT newsgroup (french.comp.text.tex) about
> LaTeX.
>
> I must admit this term, when understood, is excellent for describing what we
> expect from people posting questions about troubles.

[...]

>> Maybe it should go into the FAQ...
>
> Could be, yes. Using the French acronym, or "inventing" MCE?  I stand for ECM.

Thanks for this explanation, Seb!

I wrote an FAQ about it:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm

I also wrote up a few FAQs that might be helpful for new users:

- Can Org-mode do "x"? Does org have "x" feature?
  + http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#can-org-do-x
  + Provides tips on where to look to see if org has a particular
    feature.
  + A friendly version of RTFM. :)

- I think my Org-mode is broken! How do I report a bug?
  + http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#bug-reporting

- What should I do before contacting the mailing list?