Re: [O] Implemented word count for subtrees

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Implemented word count for subtrees
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:51:06 +0100

Simon Guest <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Org mode people,
>
> I implemented word counting for Org mode sub-trees.  That is, count
> each sub-tree, and accumulate totals into the parent heading lines.
> Others have asked about this, so I attach my code below.

This is quite nice.  Thanks!

I cannot help you with the mark problem; hopefully others can.

One suggestion, however: I wonder if you could introduce the word count
in a different way?  I do use my headings and having the dots and the
actual count inserted is not great (although easy work around:
org-wc-display and then undo immediately after looking at the
counts...).  Maybe you could automatically define a tag for each
heading, something like :wcNNNN:?  Of course, this won't be good for
anybody that wishes to export documents *with* tags...

Anyway, I've incorporated your code into my emacs configuration.  Thanks
again!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.211.gb0094)