[O] Dumbquotes in exported source listings

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: [O] Dumbquotes in exported source listings
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:39:29 -0400

So I'm writing an eBook with lots of source code listings, using
org-mode-LaTeX->PDF with the "minted" package providing source code
highlighting. For the most part I'm really, really happy with the
toolchain; thank you to those that pointed me in the direction of
"minted".

One issue: my beta reviewers have noted that when copy-and-pasting
source code listings that contain single-quoted strings, they are
getting "smart quotes"--i.e. the first quote is a backquote, the
second quote is a single quote. This breaks the pasted code.

I'm sure I could track the problem down myself eventually, but I
thought someone here might know which part of the toolchain to look at
first for this quote-munging behavior.

Thanks!

--
Avdi Grimm