[O] Bury (or kill) calendar buffer after selecting a date

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: [O] Bury (or kill) calendar buffer after selecting a date
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 19:34:17 -0400

Hi list,

A while ago someone (I'm sorry, I don't remember who, now) proposed a patch that the *Calendar* buffer could be buried after selecting a date. I thought it was a great idea, and I've implemented a simple advice in my .emacs that accomplishes the same thing. I'm posting it here on the chance that someone else might find it useful.

The problem this solves is that after you enter a date, the calendar buffer is next in line in the buffer ring, so you will switch to it next by default, instead of the buffer you were working with previously. This advice will kill the calendar buffer after entering a date (I never need it around anyway), but you could just as easily bury-buffer, which would move it to the back of the ring.

  -Anthony

; defadvice to kill the calendar buffer after selecting a date, so it is out of
; the way
(defadvice org-read-date
(after abl/kill-calendar-after-org-read-date (&optional with-time to-time from-string prompt default-time efault-input) protect)
  "kill the *Calendar* buffer after reading a date"
    (kill-buffer "*Calendar*"))

(ad-activate 'org-read-date)