Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers

From: Carmine Casciato
Subject: Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 00:41:55 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> I keep all my info in one big Org-mode file which is currently just shy
> >> of 115,000 lines. There's the occasional "stutter" of a fraction of a
> >> second when I move across closed nodes containing large chunks, but it's
> >> still perfectly acceptable (to me, anyway!).
> >>
> >> My PC is an Intel dual-core 2.66GHz with 4GB RAM, so nothing
> >> earth-shattering.

I am have been seeing this for a while now on only one of about 8
org files that I have, specifically the longest one which also has the
most babel snippets (of pretty long sql). This behaviour is present on
an Ubuntu VM with a scant 300Mbs as well as a Mac Pro with 6Gbs
(although less of course). On the Ubuntu, I specifically see the CPU
spike when typing! Very bizarre.
-C.