Re: [O] tables: is it possible to use a comma instead of a period as a n

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] tables: is it possible to use a comma instead of a period as a number delimiter
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:05:31 +0200

Hi Izzie

The only direct solution I can think of now is with Emacs Lisp for
number/string conversion and ./, replacement:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
  (defun com2num (com)
    "convert number string with comma like \"2,3\" to number like 2.3"
    (string-to-number (replace-regexp-in-string "," "." com)))
  (defun num2com (fmt num)
    "convert number like 2.300001 to number string with comma
like \"2,3\", formatted with fmt like \"%.1f\""
    (replace-regexp-in-string "\\." "," (format fmt num)))
#+end_src

|  <r> |
|------|
| 10,2 |