Re: [O] special characters for HTML

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: [O] special characters for HTML
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:21:05 +1000

William Henney <address@hidden> writes:

> Why don't you just write the umlauts directly: ü
>
> Either use the facilities of your OS, or use one of the German input
> methods of Emacs. For the latter, see the docs for "C-\". For the
> former, it all depends on your OS and your keyboard.

Exactly. We're in the third millennium of the calendar, folks; we have
Unicode. The way to get a character into a text document is to put it in
literally.

--
 \        “It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no |
  `\   ground whatever for supposing it true.” —Bertrand Russell, _The |