Re: [O] Performance problem

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Performance problem
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:50:57 -0400

Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

> I use Emacs 23.2.1 and org-mode 7.5. After some time, usually after a
> few days of 'uptime', building an agenda becomes very sloooow.

Is this the standard agenda or a custom agenda?

> I expect the agenda built from 120 org file to show up within five
> seconds.

Five seconds still seems like a long time. How many lines are in your
agenda? Are your org buffers already open when you call it? Or have you
closed your org buffers by typing "x" in the agenda?

> If Emacs is in the bad state it takes three minutes. Restarting Emacs
> solves the problem.

> I don't blame org-mode for that behaviour, but maybe someone of you has
> observed such behaviour, too? Any hints on debugging?

M-x elp-instrument-package org [RET]
M-x org-agenda-list
M-x elp-results

Best,