Re: [O] [ANN] ELPA Repo for org-html/org-odt

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ELPA Repo for org-html/org-odt
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:11:08 +0530

Suvayu

A quick question, I follow the org-mode HEAD. Does using your fork
mean I fall behind the org-mode HEAD, or does it still track the
org-mode HEAD and includes your commits? Sorry if my question is
trivial, never tried a forked project before.

I plan to publish a tarball whenever

1. There is a major addition or a user-visible change to org-odt or 2. When I have accumulated sufficient number of bugfixes.

On the day of release,

1. I will pull in all the changes in master branch.
2. I will drop or whimsically cherry-pick bug fixes to org-html.

In summary, org-odt is the cutting edge org-mode on the day of release with HTML exporter most likely staying at the 23 Mar 2011 levels. March 2011 levels for HTML exporter may sound too bad, but it is not so. If you consider org-odt-20110519.tar, it is as good as org-20110516
with *only* the following changes left out.

| 2f50b1 | add an alternate for inline images | | 49e6bc | Fix for html & docbook export of desc list items | | a201b1 | Fix HTML export of footnotes with lists, tables, quotes. | | 9f57b8 | Mixed export of numbered and unnumbered sections in HTML |

I am planning to publish my changes to GNU ELPA very soon. My tarball has few of the OpenDocument schemas and I need to have them integrated in the manner that is acceptable to Emacs maintainers [1].

Jambunathan K.

Footnotes: [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-04/msg00113.html