Re: [O] org-capture in the same file from which it was called under cert

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture in the same file from which it was called under certain heading
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 20:40:33 +0900

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Memnon Anon
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > I would like to capture todo items, changes and other things in
>     the
>     > file I am working in (literate programming), but I am
>     struggling: how
>     > can I specify thet the file is the actual file I am working in?
>

>     Thats fun!
>     From the info manual on capture templates
>     to google "org capture "entry (function"" which led
>     to the mailing list archive (Thread start:
>     http://tinyurl.com/3fj25gq)
>     to the git log:
>
>     ,----
>     | commit 030960559e24b5b364b6237d223429b5050fc2f1
>     | Author: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>
>     | Date:   Sun Mar 6 17:31:56 2011 +0100
>     |     org-capture.el: remove (currentfile) as a file specification
>     in templates.
>     |     You can already use a function like (buffer-file-name) to
>     get the currently
>     |     visited file.  So (currentfile) is not necessary.
>     `----
>
>     What a round trip :).
>
>     A quick test suggests this should do:
>
>     --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>     ("w"
>      "*TEST*: entry function currentfile"
>      entry
>      (file+headline (buffer-file-name) "Notes")
>      "* Eintrag")
>     --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>

>     This should file your capture item "* Eintrag" under the Node "*
>     Notes"
>     in the buffer you called capture from.
>
>     Is that what you had in mind?
>

> Yes - exactly that.
> Now if this could go into the documentation of org-capture, that would
> be great.

to extend the same, I have a similar requirement where I want to capture
subtasks of a TODO item as I am working on it. So the (TODO)node under
which I want to capture changes with the time. It would be good If there is a
way to specify capture destination dynamically(most of the time the
capture destination is under the current clocked item)

Thanks.,
Yagnesh.

<snip>
--
Your business will assume vast proportions.