[O] How to disable description lists?

From: Markus Berlin
Subject: [O] How to disable description lists?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 14:39:02 +0200

Hello everybody,

is there a simple way to disable the description list syntax in a
document?  That is, how can I prevent emacs from interpreting '::' as
a description list separator (in a given document)?

The background is that I often use '::' or '::=' in my text
(e.g. talking about types in Haskell or using BNF notation). It is
only a minor issue, but I would very much prefer emacs not
mis-interpreting and highlighting the left hand sides as description
headings.

Thanks,
Markus