Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: [Feature Request] Cross headings in tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: [Feature Request] Cross headings in tables
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:18:38 +0200

On 8.2.2011, at 22:52, Achim Gratz wrote:

> If anybody wants to test the current state of affairs, I've just set up
> a fork repository to make it easier.  Assuming you already have
> orgmode.git cloned, do a
>
> git remote add -t tableheadings remote-tableheadings
> git://repo.or.cz/org-mode/org-tableheadings.git
> git fetch remote-tableheadings tableheadings:local-tableheadings
> git checkout local-tableheadings
>
> to get it (change remote-tableheadings and local-tableheadings to suit
> your naming conventions for remotes and local branches, respectively).
> I will be _rebasing_ against master during development, so expect
> history in this branch to be volatile.
>
> As before, test cases and comments welcome.

Hi Achim, hi Lawrence,

this looks pretty good.  One thing I found missing is that
header lines should be exempted from column formulas being
applied.  This works for the headlines at the top of the
table, but not in the middle.  Try C-c C-c in the TBLFM
line of:

| aaa | bbb | ccc | ddd |
|-----+-----+-----+-----|
| ddd | eee | fff |  41 |
| ddd | eee | fff |  41 |
| ddd | eee | fff |  41 |
| ddd |     | fff | ddd |
| ddd | eee | fff |  41 |
| ddd | eee | fff |  41 |
| xxx | yyy | zzz |  41 |
#+TBLFM: $4=41

Also documentation in the manual is missing - one
or two sentences in the right place should be enough.

- Carsten