Re: [O] [LaTeX Export] Question: How to import a really long caption in

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [LaTeX Export] Question: How to import a really long caption in #+CAPTION:
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:00:20 -1000

Sunny Srivastava <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear org-mode users:
>
> I want to export a really long caption in org to latex export.
>
> For example:
>
> #+CAPTION: A_really_long_caption_that_really_needs_a_line_break
> #+LABEL:      fig:sims
>
> Presently, I can do it by just having the really long line in front of
> #+caption; if I have a line break, it is not exported as a caption. From
> worg, I know I can use:
>
> #+LaTeX: \caption{ .... }
>
> But I was wondering if there is a org-mode way of doing this.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> S.
> Dear org-mode users:I want to export a really long caption in org to latex
> export.For example:#+CAPTION:
> A_really_long_caption_that_really_needs_a_line_break#+LABEL:
> fig:simsPresently, I can do it by just having the really long line in front
> of #+caption; if I have a line break, it is not exported as a caption. From
> worg, I know I can use:
> #+LaTeX: \caption{ .... }But I was wondering if there is a org-mode way of
> doing this.Thanks in advance for your help.Best Regards,S.

Aloha Sunny,

I can't tell from your post what problem you've run into.  I can export
long captions without problems, e.g.:

#+CAPTION: [Polynesian colonization of Hawai`i]{Posterior probability
 for Polynesian colonization of Hawai`i: \textit{left}, estimate based
 on inequality (\ref{eq:no-rat}), with a 95\% highest posterior density
 region of AD 810--1289; \textit{right}, estimate based on inequality
(\ref{eq:rat}), with a 95\% highest posterior density region of AD 780--1119.}

This all resides in one line in the org-mode file.  Why does your
caption need a line break?

All the best,
Tom

--