Re: [O] BUG: Newest org-mode interferes with desktop save

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: Newest org-mode interferes with desktop save
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:59:01 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can not reproduce your example, as I am getting an "can not open
> org-entities", but have you tried it with org-mode 7.5 as well as the newest
> git? My point is, that up to a recent git version (probably yesterday), this
> question was *not* there, but it is there at with the newest git version.

I have only tried to reproduce this with the newest version of org-mode,
and with that minimal setup I posted in my previous email.  With that
setup there was *no* prompt when exiting Emacs if the desktop
configuration had been loaded from a file -- i.e., the correct behavior.

I'd suggest trying to run from a similar minimal configuration, and then
see if the problem persists?  If so, then it is due to something else on
your systems aside form the Org-mode version (e.g., OS or Emacs), and if
not then it is due to interaction with something else in your config.

Sorry, I can't be of more help without the ability to reproduce the

I completely understand.

I created the attached init.el file. In my setup, ~/.emacs.d/org-mode is a symbolic link. If I set it to org-7.7, everything works as expected desktop is loaded and saved without question), but when linking it to the git version, the desktop is loaded, but when closing it giveas me the above mentioned question:

"Current desktop was not loaded from a file. Overwrite this desktop file?"

As I said, the desktop *is* loaded.

Hope you can reproduce it with this setup,

Rainer

problem.

Cheers -- Eric

Stellenbosch University