Re: [O] org-babel -- Improper syntax error in session mode?

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel -- Improper syntax error in session mode?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:12:32 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I can confirm that I see the same behavior.  Also, if I manually type
> the body of the code block into the session I get the same error output
> from Python, so I don't believe this is due to a problem with Babel.

It appears the problem is that the python session is interactive and is built to
emit output after each Python "block" (e.g., the 'for' block), before another
"block" of Python is entered.  If this is the way it's designed then it seems to
me that it's Babel's obligation to feed the Python blocks to the Python session
as required and then assemble the output pieces as appropriate.  Or am I missing
something? -- Herb