Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:15:03 +0000 (UTC)

Marcel van der Boom <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> That will allow me to work on the subitems in parallel.  Obvious
> disadvantage is that the subproject as such can only have a
> 'count' or 'percentage' but not a 'state' and thus cannot be tracked
> anymore.
>
> Any other suggestions for a way to work on subitems in parallel with the
> 'main tasks'?

Strictly speaking, there is no "parallel" working on subitems or tasks
in an ordered Tree; thats why I only use it for situations where there
is really no alternative order than the way it is laid out in front of
me.

Did you try org-depend.el in contrib/ ?
It offers a much more flexibel way of handling dependencies.
OTOH, this flexibility naturally needs more manual intervention to set
things up than `C-c C-x o'.

Memnon