Re: [O] [WISH] Latex WYSIWYG

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [WISH] Latex WYSIWYG
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:30:54 +0100

Sebastian Berchtold <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, my first post here: So big shout outs to all org-mode hackers. Great
> Stuff!
>
> There is one feature I'd really like to have, but i couldn't find
> anything that does what i want. I guess it's just a small hack, but
> with my retarded elisp skills it would take me days to implement it.
>
> WYSIWYG Latex is probably not the correct term for this. What i have
> in mind is more like seeing the formula, while editing the
> ASCII/Unicode representation.
> I'll try to explain the idea more detailed.

You might prefer to use LyX instead of org if you really need this!  It
has a very good latex math mode.  Just a thought but sorry I'm not
really answering your question. :(

[...]

> Another question: Is there a simple way to activate latex syntax
> highlighting in org-mode?)

Put your latex code within a babel src block:

,----
| #+begin_src latex
|   \begin{something}
|      and so on
|   \end{something}
| #+end_src
`----

HTH.
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.414.g56de5)