Re: [O] Documentation suggestion re: buffers containing crypted entries

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Documentation suggestion re: buffers containing crypted entries
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:42:55 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have found this (sit-for 5) annoying enough that I have deleted it
>> from my copy of org.  5 seconds is a large percentage of my emacs start
>> up time!
>
> I just reduced it to one second.  Still, the message needs some time to
> appear to the user.

The question is where should this information be most appropriate to
appear.  In my view, this should be in the documentation (highlighted
etc), not in the Emacs mini-buffer!  I don't know enough texi (any at
all, actually) so cannot suggest a patch.  However, I would suggest that
the warning that is in the code be moved into the entry for org-crypt.el
in the info manual. Or, as originally proposed, the warning in the code
could be wrapped in a customisable variable but this seems like overkill
to me.

One quickly becomes inured to messages that appear every time you use a
tool.  At best, they are simply ignored; at worst, they become annoying,
such as in this case.  I'm not complaining critically as it is trivial
to fix for my own use.

Just my 2ยข!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.430.g95fa2.dirty)