Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:43:46 -0700

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> Fixed, thanks. I should have guessed that might be it.
>
> Evaluating inline calls now works, but there are some ramifications
> for output and export that I hadn't thought about when I seconded the
> request.
>

> * Export
>
> The call itself should not be exported, but I'm seeing:
>
> : <p>
> middle of some prose.
> : </p>
>

> * Output
>
> To get rid of the literal equals-signs, I try:
>
> : Here is a call_square(it=4)[:results raw] stuck in the middle of
> some prose.
>
> I expect to get the result inline, but instead it comes as a normal
> call results block (aligned with the call):
>
> :          #+results: square(it=4)
> :          16

Hi Christian,

Thanks for sharing these issues, it appears I messed some functionality
up with some of my recent changes.  I believe that I have fixed these
issues.  The following examples should now all export as described.

The following exports as a normal call line
#+call: double(it=1)

Now here is an inline call call_double(it=1) stuck in the middle of
some prose.

This one should not be exported =call_double(it=2)= because it is
quoted.

Finally this next one should export, even though it starts a line
call_double(it=3) because sometimes inline blocks fold with a
paragraph.

And, a call with raw results call_double(4)[:results raw] should not
have quoted results.

Please let me know if you experience any more problems, and thanks for
helping to get this sorted before the impending release!

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/