Re: [O] ob-lilypond

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] ob-lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:00:02 +0200

This is very doable since it is the first thing I tried on initial
experimentation. I think I had some difficulty cropping the snippet (png)
in that the result had no padding at all, but I'm guessing that can be
overcome.

I guess most of us who would be interested in this would have ImageMagick *convert* at hand, if it's difficult to get Lilypond or lilypond-book to do it directly.

Certainly with the use cases you suggest, the defaults would need to
change, and C-c C-c would need to act as you describe, but that wouldn't
be an issue if we can define seperate 'modes' for the different ways of
working (I think for now the 'modes' can be considered  mutually exclusive).

I'd tentatively suggest things should be done in a way that is roughly analogous with how other Babel languages work, not in the way that makes one or another use case super-easy to do. For our different use cases we might then each have to tweak some :tangle, :exports, :results or :file header arguments.

But using Org-Babel's provisions for system-wide, language-specific and buffer-wide heading arguments, the user should be able to define her own `modes' by changing a few settings, and avoid littering a complex document with those header arguments.

Maybe. Haven't thought this very far through...

Yours,
Christian