Re: [O] ob-lilypond

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] ob-lilypond
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:07:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

> I have a commit ready to push to add lilypond support to Org-mode, first
> I just have two questions.
>
> 1. I see Shelagh Manton mentioned as an author, would it be possible for
>    Shelagh to complete the FSF copyright assignment forms?  Otherwise I
>    don't believe we can add ob-lilypond to the Org-mode core, although
>    we could still place it in the contrib directory with ob-oz.

Initially this project was intended to be a joint project between Shelagh and
myself, but short of the initial commit, Shelagh hasn't been involved
(unfortunately, since she will certainly know LilyPond better than I do - I
believe she is very busy). The initial commit was broken and wasn't used.
I'll try to contact her, but haven't an email address, so must use Github.

> 2. I see you have a test suite which is fantastic.  Additionally this
>    test suite uses ert, which is what the main Org-mode test suite uses.
>    Would it be possible to fold this test suite into Org-mode's test
>    suite in the testing directory?

My test suite can live anywhere - it requires altering relative paths.
Currently
my test suite requires the test-build directory and contained files.

>    If these tests require a lilypond executable we may have to partition
>    them off from the main Org-mode test suite so that they can be run
>    independently of each other.

They don't.

Regards

Martyn