Re: [O] [babel] Maxima code blocks do not work

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Maxima code blocks do not work
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:32:25 +0100

Bernd Weiss <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Hi Eric,
>
> Again, thanks a lot for your help!

You're very welcome!

> Okay, it definitely is a Windows problem. If I run the following command
> in a cygwin shell, everything works as expected:
>
> maxima --very-quiet -r
> 'batchload("c:/Users/weiss/AppData/Local/Temp/babel-17716aLH/maxima-17716hCp")$'
> nil
>
> However, it does not work in a Windows shell. But this is no longer an
> org issue.
>
> Bernd

Actually, it is still an org issue, albeit one which requires input from
those with much more Windows knowledge than I have.  It's an org issue
because I think we do (or should) strive to have org, as a whole, work
on any system that runs Emacs?

There are only two arguments to the maxima invocation above:
=--very-quiet= to minimise the amount of superfluous output and =-r= to
ask maxima to execute the following maxima command ("batchload(...)")
which is what tells maxima to execute commands from the file that babel
creates.

If you (anybody) can figure out the magic incantation necessary to
invoke maxima on Windows and have it execute commands from a file, it
should be straightforward to upgrade the =ob-maximal.el= file to use the
right incantation depending on the operating system.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.510.g56080)