Re: [O] Conditional Inclusion

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Conditional Inclusion
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:25:41 +0200

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Avdi Grimm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to produce two slightly different PDF versions from the
>> same document.
>>
>> I want to be able to conditionally include a few LaTeX_HEADER lines
>> when I publish an Org file. I need to do it in a way I can control
>> from the command line when I run the export in batch mode. So I need
>> to either enable the lines with some eval-ed lisp on the emacs command
>> line, or with an environment variable.
>>
>> Thoughts on the best way to go about this?
>>

> If you are doing it from batch mode, one non-org approach would be to have
> the conditional headers in two different files (say header1.tex,
> header2.tex) and depending which ones you wantt, you could copy them into a
> file header.tex, which is then when exporting included in the document.
>
> Non-org, but very flexible.

or, if you want to do this from org, turn this around and have two main
org files, both of which #+include the one with all the common text?
then export the main file you want...

True. But for both scenarios, you can put all files into one main org file and tangle the final files needed.

Rainer

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.574.g5a503)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98