Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange

From: Matthieu Lemerre
Subject: Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:13:48 +0200

Hi Bastien,

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:16:17 +0200, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you give an example of a RFC-2446 compliant entry (with the new
> field you mentioned in the previous email)?

If I take the example given here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/45453/icalendar-and-event-updates-not-working-in-outlook

Here is the original ics

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//WA//FRWEB//EN
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:FRICAL201
SEQUENCE:0
DTSTAMP:20081108T151809Z
ORGANIZER:address@hidden
DTSTART:20081109T121200
SUMMARY:11/9/2008 12:12:00 PM TRIP FROM JFK AIRPORT (JFK)
LOCATION:JFK AIRPORT (JFK)
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

and here is the update

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//WA//FRWEB//EN
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:FRICAL201
SEQUENCE:1
DTSTAMP:20081108T161809Z
ORGANIZER:address@hidden
DTSTART:20081109T121300
SUMMARY:11/9/2008 12:13:00 PM TRIP FROM JFK AIRPORT (JFK)
LOCATION:JFK AIRPORT (JFK)
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

> I guess adding this files to org-icalendar.el is not a big fuss.

Compared to what org-mode currently exports, only three fields are missing:

 - Organizer. This should not be too hard to do (using
   user-mail-adress).
 - Method:request (should also be easy...)
 - The sequence number is more difficult. I think it could be stored as
   a property of an org-mode node, but when should it be updated? Maybe
   it can be just be updated everytime the file is exported, just as ids
   are created when the file is exported.

Matthieu