Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems a

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems and a slackware build problem
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 03:33:33 -0400 (EDT)

No I can't provide any patch that works with all distros.  I don't have
all distros available to me; not all Linux distros are accessible for
screen reader users either.  I use screen reading software just to use a
computer and I don't have all distros even under the category of distros
that are accessible yet.

To use org-mode default uncomment /usr/local as prefix for all systems
that put emacs stuff or some emacs stuff under /usr/local.  For
Slackware and Debian though, /usr/local isn't in the load-paths.  The
install-info part of the patch was using debian's install-info program
all along and that was apparently depricated in favor of ginstall-info.
That change will effect other distros into the future as they update
their packages.  The org-mode default would be to uncomment install-info
choice but debian squeeze needs ginstall-info uncommented.  There's
another reason I can't provide better patches.  The Makefile structure
itself.  I wrote code earlier which tested if [ -r /etc/debian_version
]; then and took action if that was true but putting it into the
variables section of the Make file and running make caused make to freak
out on me with the complaint that commands were in the variables
section.  Apparently Makefile structure and COBOL share some
similarities and not the good ones.