Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems a

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems and a slackware build problem
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 00:07:04 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> Most Linux systems I know of have a description of what distro is
> installed in the /etc/issue file: Ubuntu, Debian, RH, Fedora, SuSE
[...]

True, but it's not reliable since it is quite common to customize the
login message.  And the next thing of course is that you don't have that
file at all on Windows, where the Makefile should also work.

I the dark ages when different makes ruled, it was common to have
Makefile.vms Makefile.SysV or something like that.  Maybe something
along those lines plus some notes in README or an additonal INSTALL
would be more appropriate?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: