Re: [O] Calendar-like view of the org-agenda

From: Marcus Klemm
Subject: Re: [O] Calendar-like view of the org-agenda
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:00:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <tassilo <at> member.fsf.org> writes:
> I don't think that would be a good idea, cause in org you partly draw
> the tables on your own, that is, you write |<TAB> for another row etc..
> You don't want to have to insert unicode characters there.

You are right, it would not be enough to simply replace the characters,
one would have to translate the "traditional" input to the unicode
characters on the fly. But it looks sooo much better and would be,
strictly speaking, still just plain text.

I love org-mode for its power and flexibility but I grew up using an
Amiga, laughing at the MS-DOS users with their ancient text mode
interfaces and I still can't force myself to like that aspect of org.
So everything that makes it look more "graphic" is welcome to me.