Re: [O] Web bookmarks in ORG?

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: [O] Web bookmarks in ORG?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:42:10 +0100

Hi,

Jason Dunsmore <address@hidden> writes:

> Angel de Vicente <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there anyone using ORG for keeping web bookmarks? Basically I'm
>> looking at Delicious-like functionality, where I just put tags to web
>> addresses and I can search the bookmarks either for their name or with
>> tags.
>
> For a while, I was keeping an Org file with bookmarks organized
> del.icio.us-style, eg:

> * [[http://url1.com][Title1]] :tag1:tag2:tag3:
>
> Notes...
>
> * [[http://url2.com][Title2]] :tag1:tag2:tag3:
>
> Notes...
>
> * ...

I guess I was looking for something a bit more automatic... I would like
to have at least two of the delicious functionalities:

1) to get automatic category suggestion (or at least to get them
completed when pressing TAB or similar), and

2) a nice way to look for all the bookmarks that are in category X

I was looking to have it done perhaps with BBDB, instead, but I wouldn't
like to get a mess when writing mails.

I'm open to suggestions,
--
Ángel de Vicente