[O] problems with org-edit-special and python (2nd try to post)

From: Dirk Scharff
Subject: [O] problems with org-edit-special and python (2nd try to post)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:37:24 +0200

Hey, I tried to post this yesterday and it doesn't seem like it worked by now (I didn't see it showing up on the news interface). I'm sorry if this ends up being a double post!

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to emacs (and org-mode :)), so I'm sorry in advance for eventually missing something completely obvious. While I kind of expect my problem to be something with my emacs setup it does only happen with org-mode so I'm posting it here.

My test file (for learning purposes) contains the following (empty) code-block:
#+source : the_beginning
#+begin_src python

#+end_src

When I try to run org-edit-special (C-c ') in the python source block an empty buffer is opened as expected. My mini-buffer states the following:
"Language mode 'python-mode' fails with: "Invalid file-name".
Trying to call python-mode manually in the new buffer doesn't work. (It works fine in other buffers). I can't leave the new buffer by using C-c' again.

I tried the same with a latex code block and it worked without problems.

I'm quite satisfied with my emacs python setup, which seems to run perfectly fine on its own.

I have to admit I don't even know where to start for resolving this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

best regards,
Dirk