Re: [O] Python script to download Google Calendar events

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Python script to download Google Calendar events
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:01:58 +0200

Hi Felix,

Felix Geller <address@hidden> writes:

> I wrote a Python script that [1] uses the GData API to download events
> for your Google Calendar and prints them to a given org-file. It is a
> very tiny script, but perhaps it is of use to other people as well.

Now I've had some time to play around with your script and it is very
nice and fast. I tingled a bit with it.

I (think) I have added support for other calendars using the
https://.*/private/full urls. I've also added a category.

Thus, one can specify gcal2org.py address@hidden file uri

and if uri is left out it will work as your script.

I have hosted the alternative script here:

  http://andromeda.kiwilight.com/~pank/gcal2org.txt (no .py allowed)
  http://andromeda.kiwilight.com/~pank/gcal2org.diff

The thing is, I don't know where you find these private/full urls in the
web-interface. I found them via Gdata. Optimally, it should just use
one of the urls from the web-interface.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--