Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:29:54 -0300

You can probably use custom agenda commands for this. See the documentation
for the org-agenda-custom-commands and the corresponding section in the
manual [1]. You can set the org-agenda-files and
org-agenda-text-search-extra-files to point to the old project for some
custom search.

For instance, I use
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
        (quote (
                ... Some custom commands
                ("N" . "Search in notes.org")
                ("Nw" search ""
                ((org-agenda-files '("~/org/notes.org"))
                 (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))
                ("Nt" tags ""
                ((org-agenda-files '("~/org/notes.org"))
                 (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))
                ... Some more custom commands
                )))
#+end_src

This allows-me to perform a search only in my org/notes.org file without
actually changing my org-agenda-files.

--
Darlan

[1] - http://orgmode.org/org.html#Custom-agenda-views