Re: [O] CLOCKTABLE multiply time expended by hourly rate?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] CLOCKTABLE multiply time expended by hourly rate?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:25:46 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Daniel E.Doherty <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to take a duration output by CLOCKTABLE and multiply it by
> dollars-per-hour (or dollars-per-second, either way) and get an answer
> in units of dollars.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

> Can you suggest a way this can be done?

Since latest git commit, you can now use ;t instead of ;T as a flag for
durations computations.  ;t will output results according to the new
variable `org-table-duration-custom-format', which you can check.

See this example:

#+begin_src org
  |  Task 1 |   Task 2 |    Total |
  |    2:12 |     1:47 | 03:59:00 |
  | 3:02:20 | -2:07:00 |     0.92 |
  #+TBLFM: @2$3=$1+$2;T::@3$3=$1+$2;t
#+end_src

.92 is a fraction of hours, because `org-table-duration-custom-format'
is set to 'hours.

HTH,

--
 Bastien