Re: [O] bulk relative time shift (in org file)?

From: Michael C Gilbert
Subject: Re: [O] bulk relative time shift (in org file)?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:01:15 -0700

On Jul 26, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:

>  Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On an item, `C-c C-s' and `C-c C-d' now allows you to use
>> "+2d" to say "schedule in 2 days from today" or "++2d" to
>> say "schedule in 2 days from existing timestamp".
>>
>> In agenda, `B s' and `B d' will also understand this and
>> let you reschedule/redeadline items relatively.
>>
>> Let me know if this works okay for you -- and thanks for
>> bringing this up again!
>
> "++" looks very useful! I pinged Michael who started this thread, I hope
> we'll get an update
> on his perspective.

I missed the ++ usage in this context completely. Yes, this gets me close to
what I was looking for.

Ideally, something like this should be available in the org file, rather than
in the agenda. The reason being is that it is a common project planning task to
shift all related tasks back by some set period of time. I can see expanding
the notion to take dependencies into account, but that is not critical. I'm
just looking for a way to do this routine in the project management & planning
contexts in my own work and in my organization....

But if I shift back and forth to the agenda, then I can make this work. I'm
assuming that the 'Cc C-s' and 'C-c C-d' commands don't work on regions or on
everything under a heading?

— Michael