Re: [O] How to update "Info Documentation"?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] How to update "Info Documentation"?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:47:34 +0200

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Johan Ekh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I keep up to date with org-mode using:
>
> git pull && make clean && make && make doc && make install
>
> It works very well except that my "Info Documentation" is not updated.
> It is still some old version.
>
> What do I have to do to get it updated?

1. Set this variable to the appropriate path in your init file

;; Info directory
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list
          (expand-file-name "/opt/emacs-lisp/share/info"))

2. Add to the INFOPATH variable in your shell profile file:

e.g. (bash)
~/.bash_profile
..
export INFOPATH=/opt/emacs-lisp/share/info:$INFOPATH

3. Edit your Makefile to reflect the proper infopath

# Where local software is found
prefix=/opt/emacs-lisp

..

# Where info files go.