Re: [O] Bug: export failed when using footnotes inside src blocks [7.7]

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: export failed when using footnotes inside src blocks [7.7]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:41:05 +0200

> _Note to self_ : I really wish we can come up with an exporter that
> exactly matches Org syntax. An element recognized/ignored in Org should
> be identically recognized/ignored during the export process without
> resorting to any trick (à la `org-protected' text property).

Your remark reminded me that I should look at the generic exporter in
contrib.  It needs an eval-while-compile wrapped (require 'cl) to
compile and run cleanly.  It also doesn't appear to recognize tables (or
those are still copies from the ASCII export?).  It looks like it works
line-by-line, which seems a somewhat questionable choice, but then it
was written for Org6.25…

I think it boils down to the question of having a formal org syntax.  If
that existed, all exporters (and much of the org core, I guess) could
work on the parse tree (some list structure with lists as elements and
the actual text as their leaf nodes) of the org document.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: