Re: [O] Problems with search

From: Bianca Lutz
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with search
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:27:18 +0200

> No, it's not the autopair-post-command-handler that I wondered about[fn:1],
> it's that *t*, the first element of the list: how did it get there?
>
> Nick
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [fn:1] Well, I did wonder about it, but only because I never heard of
> it; but I am more suspicious of that t.

Concerning that suspicious t I found the following in the
documentation of add-hook:

(add-hook HOOK FUNCTION &optional APPEND LOCAL)

[...]

The optional fourth argument, LOCAL, if non-nil, says to modify
the hook's buffer-local value rather than its default value.
This makes the hook buffer-local if needed, and it makes t a member
of the buffer-local value.  That acts as a flag to run the hook
functions in the default value as well as in the local value.

Best regards, Bianca.